Sound for the environment
Over the years, Osheaga has put into place various eco-friendly actions focused on reusing, reducing and recycling. Osheaga is the first festival in North America to achieve the ISO 20121 certification for its Event Sustainability Management System for
the 2014 edition.
Beyond the artistic and cultural experience, Osheaga wants to minimize the negative impact on the environment and maximize the positive influence it has on the society and the economy. The Osheaga Festival is in the center of suppliers, partners, artists
and the public.
- Waste and recycling sorting stations are located throughout the festival site.
- Recycling figures: 11 tons of plastic, 8 tons of cardboard, 3 tons of wood, 2 tons of metal, 0.2 tons of glass, 4.3 tons of compost materials.
- Transformation of our old banners into pennants used to decorate the site.
- Decorative installations and furniture in the Artist World are made from recycled wood Artistic installation.
- CANLOVE GRAFFITI RECYCLING PROGRAM is built using recycled paint cans.
- The Ecocup: The introduction of reusable Ecocups helped reduce the amount of single-use plastic cups by 120 000 units, which is equivalent to a stack of cups 10 times the height of the Eiffel Tower.
- Technology for nature’s sake: The mobile application eliminated the need for the printing and distribution of official programs, equivalent to 240 000 8½ × 11 sheets or about 20 trees.
- Water for everyone: Various water refilling stations are located throughout the festival grounds.
- Getting to Osheaga:
- The best way to get to Osheaga is to take the metro to Parc-Jean-Drapeau station on the yellow line and arrive directly on festival grounds.
- It is easy to get to Osheaga by bike as the site is situated less than a 20-minute ride away from downtown Montreal! A secure bicycle parking near the festival site is yours to use.
- Eating a variety of local foods: A wide selection of concession stands, food trucks and catering services on site are from the greater Montreal region and offer a variety of dishes including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options.
Contributing to the local economy: We value local resources both in terms of staff and the companies we work with. Thanks to its 135 000 festivalgoers, Osheaga generates $50 million in economic benefits for the metropolitan area!
Help us leak the Osheaga 2018 lineup!
Download the Osheaga Play app now and PRESS PLAY on O-Audio to find out more!
FULL LINEUP + ON SALE Tuesday, March 13 @ NOON EDT!